Philipsburg-Osceola eMountie Academy
The Philipsburg –
The Philipsburg – Osceola eMountie Academy is an educational learning environment designed to meet the needs of students who desire to pursue their education in a non-traditional format. The Philipsburg –
The learning environment of the Academy is competency-based. The standards aligned curriculum emphasizes the students’ demonstration of mastering specific skills by engaging in an academic program that emphasizes proficiency in all curricular activities whether the academics are acquired through distance or local learning.
The goals of the Philipsburg –
· Offer a non-traditional learning environment that follows through with the mission of the Philipsburg –
· Provide students who desire a non-traditional learning environment with opportunities to acquire the education necessary to earn a diploma from the Philipsburg –
· Provide students who select the Academy program balanced educational experiences that include: synchronous and asynchronous academic programs, personal interactions with professional educators, and opportunities to interact with peers.
· Establish individualized learning plans for participating students that are consistent with Pennsylvania Academic Standards and graduation requirements of the district.
· Utilize the existing web – based, standards aligned curricula in addition to products, portfolios, and exhibitions as a means of assessing students’ mastery of competencies in order to advance to higher learning.
· Provide students with a sense of ownership and responsibility for their academics.
Students in the Philipsburg-Osceola eMountie Academy program will receive their educational delivery in a blend of the following three ways:
1. Plato Learning and Compass Odyssey curriuclum software
2. Web-Based and/or Correspondence courses. Web-based courses aligned to the current inhouse courses offered at Philipsburg-Osceola School district. These courses are designed to allow for a seamless transition out of the Academy of Learning back into the regular education program if the student and parents wish to do so.
3. Regular education courses at the
For more information on the Philipsburg-Osceola eMountie Academy, please click here or call (814) 342-1521.