ATTENTION PARENTS OF STUDENTS IN GRADES K, 6 and 11: School Physicals will be held on Wednesday, November 18th for those students who have not returned a completed private exam form and/or families who wish to have the exam completed by the school physician. No exam will be conducted without a signed parental consent and completed first page of the physical exam form found below. Thank you!
2020 PO Physical Consent
Physical Exam Form
Philipsburg-Osceola Area Health Services Staff
Welcome back! We hope you and your child are staying safe and healthy.
- Please review the FAQs document on the district webpage for answers to frequently asked questions regarding COVID-19 and your child.
- Please review the COVID-19 Symptom Monitoring Form at home daily before sending your child to school and follow the guidance on when to stay home.
- Have your child stay home from school for COVID-19 symptoms; if they were tested for COVID-19 for any reason and awaiting test results; your child has had a positive test result for COVID-19 and is in isolation; your child is quarantined due to being considered a close contact with a positive case; you have traveled to a high risk area.
Please view the following link regarding Multisystem Inflammatory Syndrome in Children (MIS-C) associated with COVID-19: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/daily-life-coping/children/mis-c.html
Any questions can be directed to the Certified School Nurses:
Michelle Bamat, RN, BSN
Middle School and High School Certified School Nurse
Alyssa Price, RN, BSN
Philipsburg Elementary Certified School Nurse
Tiffany Walstrom, RN, BSN, MEd
Osceola Mills Elementary Certified School Nurse
Mandy Billotte, LPN
Middle School and High School Health Office Assistant
- Students requiring prescription medications at school this year we are asking parents to bring medications to schools. Medications must be in the original pharmacy container with a written order from the physician, a written note from the parent with student name, parent signature with date, and number of pills in the bottle. Please bring the medication(s) to the main office and the nurse will meet you at the office.
- Students requiring inhalers may have the physician fax the order to the appropriate school. It is recommended by Department of Health that a spacer or chamber be used with the inhaler. Due to COVID-19, we are not able to at this time provide nebulizer treatments at school as the nebulizer is considered and aerosolizing treatment. It is currently recommended that you send your child to school with an inhaler and chamber. Please call the school nurse for questions or concerns.
- Please remember to use Sapphire parent portal to provide the school nurse with updated health information and a copy of updated immunizations. Required immunizations include: 7th grade-Tdap & MCV, and 11th grade second MCV. Please note that PO Cyber students and Homeschool students are required to show proof of immunizations.
* If experiencing difficulty uploading forms using Sapphire parent portal, please email the school nurse or submit a help ticket using the link found under the parent tab on the district webpage.
In order to mitigate the spread of COVID-19 and keeping well students separated from ill students, there will be a change in health office procedures and expectations that may affect the way students visit the health office. At the present time, classroom teachers will be calling nurses regarding ill or injured students prior to sending them to the health office.